My name is Marsha Valk and I’m honoured to be guest posting here today on the WOW! Embossing Powders Blog!
I have a mixed media art journal spread to share with you. It features some of my favourite embossing techniques, like using a stencil or a brayer to apply WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink to a page and then sprinkling on some embossing or bonding powder.
Here are the written steps to create the page, but I’ve also created a video for you, so you can see exactly what I did!
1. Apply an acrylic paint to the paper with a brush or with your fingers.
2. Stick a couple of the flowers of the Hey Little Flower (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set onto an acrylic block. Stamp it with WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink and then emboss it with Clear Gloss Regular.
3. Apply paint over the embossed images, let it dry a little and then gently wipe the paint from the embossed flowers.
4. Stamp flowers with WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink and then emboss it with Peppermint Tea. Repeat with Strawberry Sundae.
5. Stencil a pattern along the edges of the page with acrylic paint.
6. Use another stencil and apply WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink in some spots. Sprinkle Bonding Powder on top, heat it with a heat gun and then apply a small sheet of Ice Blue Fab Foil on top of the sticky Bonding Powder. Gently burnish and remove the Fab Foil sheet.
7. Add another layer of paint on the page.
8. Colour the insides of the flowers with watercolours.
9. Use a brayer to apply WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink to the page in some spots and sprinkle on some Embossing Glitter. Heat set. I used a mixture of powders that was leftover from another project.
10. Use a cardboard tube to stamp WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink onto the page. Emboss with Opaque Bright White.
11. Stamp words from the Just Saying (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set in the circles with a black permanent ink.
12. Add marks and details with acrylic markers, add some depth with a watercolour pencil and finish the page by adding a quote or a lyric.
WOW! Embossing Powder:
Acrylic paint (Deco Art Americana: Baby Pink, Dragon Fruit, Foliage Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Indian Turquoise, Sea Aqua, Snow (Titanium) White, Wisteria)
Stencils (Carabelle Studio: Etoiles et carrés, Petits et Grands Triangles)
Permanent ink (Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black)
Paint markers (Posca, Derwent Graphik Line Painter)
Watercolour pencil (Stabilo All)
Thank you for joining us on the blog and for doing our products justice beautifully! Be sure to visit Marsha on her own blog too :)
*GIVEAWAY ALERT* Leave us a comment showing Marsha some love and what you loved most about her art journal page and we will select a winner to receive a set of all WOW products used in this post! The winner will be announced on the 1st of August :D
Good luck lovely people!