Keepsake Box By Trish Latimer

Hello!
Tania challenged the DT this month... either a scrapbook layout or a memory keeping project! Now, I have never created a layout in my life.... so memory keeping it was!
I created this box, perfect for keeping all those little sentimental treasures safe and sound!


I used White Ultra High Embossing Powder in the Shabby Rose mould to create the three embellishments on top of my box...


I also used Primay Chartreuse on a wooden embellishment underneath my roses. A nice trick to getting a shabby chic finish is to colour your embellishemt white using paint, then add your powder sparingly on top. Once melted, the powder gives a distressed look, with the white underneath showing through in places.

My box is actually an Altoid tin! I covered it with paper, then coloured using inks and paints. I added crackle glaze...



and glued wooden beads to the base as 'feet'



I hope you like it!
Have a fab weekend everyone!
Trish xx

WOW! Embossing Powder Shop

Comments

Post a Comment