Blog Archive

Saturday, 15 November 2014

Mixed Media Canvas Wall Art

Embossing powders can color almost any material that can take the heat.

I am not naturally inclined toward mixed media but I have tried a couple of canvas projects with my WOW embossing powders, and I came up with one I like.


This year's trend of home state shapes in everything from jewelry to decor inspired me to add a California piece to the beach themed guest bath.

I taped off strips on an 8"x8" canvas and inked the canvas with clear Versamark ink one stripe at a time. I heat set regular gold embossing powder to these stripes.

After heat embossing, I removes the tape then used a shade of yellow to paint the alternating canvas stripes.

For the state shape, i used a template to cut out California's outline from thin cardboard. I inked the shape then used ultra high copper, 2 layers, to emphasize the shape. This was adhered to the canvas with strong wet glue.

My Golden state creation was fun to make and looks great on the wall!






Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Your California shape looks so good with the extra thickness given by the Ultra high powder. Great canvas idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taped off strips on an 8"x8" canvas and inked the canvas with clear ... ccanvaswallart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete