Family (and some embossing too)

Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here again and this time with a scrapbooking page. Lately I don't scrap too much, also I  still call myself a " primary scrapbooker". But this Family theme we offer this month as our WOW! challenge  was totally perfect for a scrap page and so this lovely page was born.

This is small part of my family: my oldest son, his lovely wife and their first born son Omer. This photo was taken like 8 months ago and since it was taken  they also have a small baby girl. (next year Family theme? )
So here is what I did on this page:
I used a chipboard as a mask and discovered that mists are pretty good  medium to add embossing powder without any other mediums. I just misted the chipboard, then added Pearl Red powder over the wet mist, heat embossed it and.... it looked just as I used embossing ink. It even gave me a good extra texture. Then the wet chipboard was sprinkled with Apple Red powder, again no embossing inks was added, and heat embossed. Perfect! Less cost and good use of the wet mists.
Another use of embossing was over the chipboard Polaroid frame. This time I  used a VersaMark embossing ink and made one single embossed layer of Bright White Regular powder. I love this not so perfect look of the frame and this was a good experiment with just one single layer of regular powder, as usually I do 2-3 layers and use Ultra High powder to make a good coverage of a big surface.
So now it's your turn. Link your Family creations with  heat embossing or WOW! products and you can win some gorgeous goodies.

Comments