Embossed bedside table

When anything goes in the design team, I am drawn to embossing furniture (just because I have not worked out how to emboss my walls without making an almighty mess!)

 I chose this little solid wood table. I use it as a bedside table and it came from my husband childhood bedroom. Considering how much time people spend these days distressing furniture, this came already distressed and I do not want to change that.

A couple of tips when embossing furniture:


  • Clean the item thoroughly removing grime and dust
  • Go outside and wear a mask (when heating old paint there could be some nasty fumes)
  • Distressed is the way to go! Any paint underneath the embossing powder might bubble under the heat
  • Try not to pick a windy day like I managed to do!
  • Chose a piece of furniture you can lift because you will have to tip it and  tap off the embossing powder



Here is the finished item 'in situ'. I used Primary Indigo  to emboss.
Next I am going the do the piece on the other side of my bed which is a proper old bedside cabinet. I am thinking a repetitive pattern in silver could look stunning. Watch this space!

Doris @ cheappsychology.co.uk

Comments

  1. I LOVE unusual surfaces, and this one is really unusual! Thanks für sharing! Baerbel, Germany

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment