|Gift box and card featuring pearlised custom patterned card by Neil Burley|
Here's how to make your pearlised custom patterned card:
Repeat once more.
Finally, take all the masking tape strips off and throw them away. Blend more ink across the whole page. The translucent ink builds layers of tone, creating the custom pattern.
WOW! Pearlescent Embossing Powder. I used WOW! Violet Pearl to cover the Dusty Concord distress ink.
Tap off the excess and return this to the pot. Heat set your custom patterned paper to complete the transformation!
To make the gift box/card set:
- For the box lid: using a template/score guide/good old fashioned measuring, score lines 4.5cm from each edge of your custom patterned pearlised card
- Cut away most of the corner squares, leaving just a tab to fold in and stick to the next side piece with double sided tape to make the lid
- Using a circle punch, cut notches on two sides to allow the lid to be easily taken off the base.
- For the base: score lines 4.7cm from each edge (to make the base slightly smaller) of a 21x21cm piece of white card stock and complete as for the lid.
- From the tab offcuts, cut three pieces of your pearlised card 4cm square
- From white card, cut three pieces 5cm square and using the ink pad direct to paper, colour the edges with your chosen distress ink. Mount the pearlised squares on this.
- From the white card stock, punch or die cut flowers and shape with an embossing tool. Colour the edges with the distress ink. I mixed WOW! Purple Puff Ultra High Powder with WOW! Magical Mauve Embossing Glitter in equal proportions to give some texture with bling to the middle of each flower.
Other monochromatic combinations to try:
Dried Marigold with WOW! Orange Pearl
Peeled Paint with WOW! Green Pearl
Pumice Stone with WOW! White Pearl
Barn Door with WOW! Red Pearl
Faded Jeans with WOW! Blue Pearl
NB: The metallic pearls are opaque, so will not work for this technique.
WOW! Shopping List: