Skip to main content

A Host of Monochrome Butterflies

Hi again, Christine Saunders here with this month's theme - "Monochrome" .

"Monochrome" means "black and white" or "one colour" so Iv'e made lots of Butterflies with the lovely Pearlescent Embossing Powders using only one colour on each.  These powders look lovely on black or dark coloured cardstock and can look different depending on which colour you choose for your background. 

I first stamped each Butterfly surround with the "Build a Butterfly" stamp set using one colour taken from the Pearlescent Embossing powders range. I then added the inside to each of the butterflies using the same colour that I'd used for each surround. 
I added a flower stamen folded in half as antennae for each butterfly and stuck this to the back of the butterfly with double sided foam pads.

The body of each Butterfly was made using seed beads. Drop some PVA Glue (it should dry crear) or Glossy Accents onto the body section and drop seed beads into the glue to create the body.  I used seed beads which were the same colour as the Butterfly to keep the monochrome theme.

These Butterflies could be used for Scrapbooking, Card-Making, as a hanging mobile, on hair slides or kirby grips for children, to decorate childrens' rooms, on canvasses to add dimension, on picture frames - the list goes on and on.

Products used in this project were:

WoW Embossing Powders Pearlescent Rante:


  1. Very pretty, especially en masse as you've shown them :)



Post a comment

Popular posts from this blog

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.

I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!

Here are brief instructions on how to make it:


Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

#spreadjoynotgerms Official Blog Hop

Official Blog Hop
We are playing along this fabulous blog hop that both Catherine Pooler and  Alexandra Stapleton- Smith has organised. 
Some of our fabulous design team members have made you some wonderful creations for you today even our very own Marion Emberson. Please visit the list below of our Design Team members.
We are really excited about spreading inspiration and joy to all of the fellow stampers that are home, alone, anxious...or just bored!
We are so excited about this hop!  We have 31 sponsors and 153 bloggers participating.  We’re about to spread a whole lot of joy to those that are doing their part, staying home and NOT spreading germs!  WOOOT!

Happy memories - embossed background

I must admit I was having a bit of a problem coming up with a memory keeping project for this months post. I have been making almost only cards lately and had a bit of a problem filling a whole layout. I do make some layouts and lately I've been partial to letter sized layouts because the format remind me of cards and makes it easier for me to plan the page. This time I made a A4 sized layout because it's easier for me to find the page protectors in regular stores here. I used some good cardstock that doesn't warp much when you heat it or add water since i knew I would emboss it.
Here's what I did. I picked the pretty Chrysanthemum background stamp and embossed it in Silver Pearl embossing powder three times in a row across the background. I must admit I was more than a little inspired by Isha Guptas cards for her guest post earlier this week. I used distress inks in Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon and applied with an ink blending tool randomly over the embossed are…