Blog Archive

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Team G.B.

Hi Everyone

This month with WOW we have been asked to make a card to go with a British theme using the metalines and G.B. colours embossing powders.  My eclectic phase is hanging on with avengence and so ............

Obviously I have thought about red, white and blue and I wanted to incorporate the technique I'd long forgotten until Jo Pritchard(see my blog) resurrected it - alcohol inks and an air duster can with compressed air inside - dropping ink onto A4 glossy card then blasting it with the air can to spread it on the paper.  The results are unique every time.

I then cut it into 5 strips of 1 x 5.5 ins and stamped the WOW vintage wallpaper over the top with black stazon.  I then matted these onto dark blue card and then onto a 6 x 6 in card, alternating the left side and right side to butt up the end of the cardstock.

I then die cut a spellbinder classic scallop oval in white card and also onto a piece of acetate. I sprayed the white card with cosmic shimmers and then took a union jack embossing folder and put versamark on the emboss side then used WOW bright white embossing powder.  I purposely did not use an antistatic bad as I wanted the effect to be a bit grungy. 

I then die cut 2 balloons with the alcohol ink covered card and matted them onto silver card.  I then die cut a G and B for Great Britain and put versamark on them followed by WOW red glitz glitter embossing powder.  I placed red wire around the bottom of the balloons and attached these to the mouth of the bird.

The bird stamp came from 100proofpress.com an online rubber stamp company.  I stamped the bird and then cut it out. I then coloured different parts of the bird with a embossing ink pen and sprinkled WOW embossing powders in bright white, apple red, metallic blue, metaline dark blue and lagoon on in different areas then went over the edges with a fine black permanent marker making it look mechanical and used a faux screw brad in its wing then added feathers from my stash which has layed dormant for quite a few years!

The flourish is a maya road pre cut die and I edged this with blue and red distress ink and put glossy accents over the top.

I then die cut a Tim Holtz paper rosette, coloured this in red and blue distress inks and then painted over the top with light blue acrylic paint wiping the paint off in strategic places. I then used one of my bottle tops(see Man Eclectic post) and placed a union jack circle in it covering it with glossy accents and faux ribbons from the click print and go 'Jewel Britannia' cd from My Craft Studio and attached these to the rosette and top right corner of the card.

Putting it all together the card looks like this..........

Hope you have some crafting time to yourself this week.
blog:http://www.nwscrapbooking.blogspot.com/

Take care

Sue 
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. It's a wonder you've manage to get the card to stand up! Fabulous card, Tania, with so many layers, techniques and media - looks like you had a great time putting it together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old mountboard, Neil and I'll forgive you for calling me Tania!

      Delete
    2. Doh - no idea where that mistake came from - apologies to both of you!

      Delete
  2. I love how you have combined so many different elements yet it all works together so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crickey Sue - your not wrong when you say eclectic! This is great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s soooooo very fab! Unbeliefable how many little details you have add but it don´t look overloaded! Really fantastic! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  5. GB stands for GOSH it's BRILL !!!

    ReplyDelete