Skip to main content

Hi Guys Tracy Here again, with another Tut for today!!

Oh my goodness another a month has been and gone and I am continously chasing my own tail to get things done by deadlines and tidied away so I can then start the next months work!
So here we go.
Over at WOW this month, the theme we could follow was, Easter, St Patricks day or Wedding Invitations.
My post today contains suitable for two out of three, which ain't too bad and in fact one of them can be used for either or so mutli purpose which cannot be bad.
The First of which is this little Easter/ Wedding Favour treat holder!

I have stuck with Clean and Simple this time around.
But please feel free to go with it and have some fun!
So how was it made:
Here we go.
Take a piece of pearlescent cardstock 12in long x 5.5 in wide, place like shown and score down the width at 1.5in, 6in and 7.5in
Then using Pastel Peach embossing powder, versamark ink pad and the line of Snowflakes from Merry and Bright Christmas Stamp set8 from WOW (they look like blossoms to me so multi functional - result!) Heat and emboss two lines either side of the two score lines closest together.
Then take the large snowflake (blossom), versamark in and a selection of the pastels embossing powders and randomly stamp and heat set as shown below.
Okay, then we need to create an aperture for our goodies to be clearly seen, this is done at the end opposite the 1.5in score line, but in one corner close to the double score lines, (are you with me).
I used my Tonic shape cutting system and the smallest circle, again you could use a punch or diecut, whatever you have at hand.
After that, go to the opoosite end, this is going to be your flap closure, take any border punch and punch a decorative edge along the width of the cardstock.
Then put some treats in a clear bag (I used an A6 Cello bag), cut the top down slightly and sealed with double sided tape.
Turn your cardstock over, and tape the sweeties in place covering the aperture, then put double sided tape at the top edge as shown.

Fold and seal up treat pouch as shown, punch two holes in the top and tie with ribbon and your done!
Second Project: Wedding invitation
No tutorial this time, except to say the butterfly was stamped with Pastel Purple Powder and the build a butterfly stamp set from Wow, once onto cardstock and then again onto Vellum!
Thats it from me, don't forget to check out all the other WOW DT work over the next month and enter the competition, there are some yummy powders to be won!!

Comments

  1. That´s so very yummy ;o) What a lovely idea and also perfect for easter! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely favour bag and the butterfly card is beautiful - aren't the Christmas stamps adaptable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Tracey, very adaptable for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the wedding invitation - very classy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…