Skip to main content

Mother's Day Basket

Hello again, here I am ready for my second post.
I decided this month to make a basket for Mother's Day using the Flourescent Powders - fab colours!

I cut the flowers from double sided paper using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and attached them to wire stems so that they would go into the oasis. The centres are ready made paper roses dipped into embossing powder and the leaves were stamped, embossed and cut out using the Personal Impressions Fauna stamps. I stuck them to the underside of the flowers to add bulk to the arrangement and also added some other paper flowers I had - of course I embossed them first with clear powder to give them some shine. The butterflies from the Build a Butterfly stamp plate were stamped onto vellum using silver EP and then the wing inserts were stamped with the flourescent powders. I doubled up the butterflies with acetate strips in between so that they 'float'. A nice big bow to finish and there you have it - an everlasting basket!

Powders used: Flourescent Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green, Tickled Pink, Cerise, Magenta & Orange.
Silver Super Fine.
Stamps: Build a Butterfly
Fauna   



Comments

  1. Lovely basket Rach, don;t let Tania eat it lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic. Very inspiring and such a beautiful gift for Mothers' Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are fab! Don´t forget you are not allowed to watering this flowers!!! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

#spreadjoynotgerms Official Blog Hop

#spreadjoynotgerms
Official Blog Hop
We are playing along this fabulous blog hop that both Catherine Pooler and  Alexandra Stapleton- Smith has organised. 
Some of our fabulous design team members have made you some wonderful creations for you today even our very own Marion Emberson. Please visit the list below of our Design Team members.
We are really excited about spreading inspiration and joy to all of the fellow stampers that are home, alone, anxious...or just bored!
We are so excited about this hop!  We have 31 sponsors and 153 bloggers participating.  We’re about to spread a whole lot of joy to those that are doing their part, staying home and NOT spreading germs!  WOOOT!

Happy memories - embossed background

I must admit I was having a bit of a problem coming up with a memory keeping project for this months post. I have been making almost only cards lately and had a bit of a problem filling a whole layout. I do make some layouts and lately I've been partial to letter sized layouts because the format remind me of cards and makes it easier for me to plan the page. This time I made a A4 sized layout because it's easier for me to find the page protectors in regular stores here. I used some good cardstock that doesn't warp much when you heat it or add water since i knew I would emboss it.
Here's what I did. I picked the pretty Chrysanthemum background stamp and embossed it in Silver Pearl embossing powder three times in a row across the background. I must admit I was more than a little inspired by Isha Guptas cards for her guest post earlier this week. I used distress inks in Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon and applied with an ink blending tool randomly over the embossed are…