Skip to main content

Beautiful Butterflies

Hi everyone, Debs here with my project using the amazing Flourescent colours.  When I first saw these colours I thought I would need sunglasses whenever I looked at them! The colours in the jars are deceptive though, as once they are embossed on card, they are actually quite a lot softer than they first appear.


I chose to make a side stepper card in black, to really make those colours stand out.  I matted and layered the main panel of the card using a lovely bright blue background card to pick out the colours used in the main images.

I used the WOW! Build a Butterfly stamp set and stamped 3 butterflies, with the outline of the butterflies in Versamark on white card, then embossed using Flourescent Blue.  I stamped the pattern on the butterfly wings in Flourescent Green and used an embossing pen to ink the buttefly bodies and then embossed with Flourescent Pink.

The large flowers were stamped on white card using Versamark and the How Does Your GardenGrow stamp set, then embossed using Flourescent Blue, Flourescent Pink and the lovely soft Flourescent Yellow.

The smaller daisies were created by stamping Versamark onto white card, embossing a panel in each of the colours, the punching daisies from the embossed card - no cracking or peeling of the embossing, just beautiful!

The leaves were made using the same technique as the daisies, stamping and embossing onto white card using the gorgeous Verdigris embossing powder, which is a fab variegated green and works really well for foliage. I punched several leafy branches from these embossed panels.

All flowers and butterflies were cut out and arranged on the stepper card, glued in place using glue gel for dimension, then I added the punched elements. I matted and layered a small rectangle of black card on blue, and stamped the sentiment, embossing in Flourescent Blue to match the main card.  I attached blue organza ribbon around the lower edge of the card and tied a bow, then mounted the sentiment panel on the left of the card.

The finishing touch was to add gems to all flower centres, and there you have it, a flourescent card with beautiful spring flowers!

Hope you are enjoying using the WOW! embossing powders and stamps, and the projects shared by the Design Team. And don't forget to enter the monthly challenge for your chance to win a set of these fab powders - you even get to choose the colours, which will be a tough choice!

Happy crafting.

Debs x

Comments

  1. Stunning card - the black background really makes those fluorescents zing! I really must have a go at the stepper cards, not something I've tried up to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - the colours really do 'pop' on that background xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are amazing, really bright but they work very well against the black card. I love the idea of being able to emboss a section of card and then punching out your shapes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…