Mwah!

Hi there Bloggers, Rachel here; one of the WOW DT members.
It's my turn to post today and show you what I've been up to re: Manly Valentines Projects.
My style changes quite a lot depending on my mood - Grungy; Clean & Simple; Over Embellished and I also like altering and and mixing things up a bit, so not always cards from me, although this week a card it is!

I decided to go a bit 'Grungy' for this one, using a set of dies I have.

I cut all the elements from Grunge Board (I love the flexibility of this product), and coloured them with Distress Stains; Fired Brick for the heart and Tea Dye for the wings and sword. I then inked up the wings and sword and covered with Platinum regular embossing powder. I gave each item just one coat and whilst still hot (heat gun still over it), I spritzed with water from a bottle. This leaves a slightly pitted, aged metallic looking finish, (I have tried this technique with thicker coats of EP and you can get a really pitted look if the EP is really molten and the drops of water quite big).
I then inked up just the end of the sword and embossed with Ebony EP to colour the handle.


The heart was embossed with two coats of Clear Ultra High and then the final layer is Apple Red Ultra High. I sometimes like to use just one coat of a coloured Ultra High over clear as when it's molten it moves around and creates swirls of light and shade.
Once cool I cracked the heart - easy with it being flexible Grungeboard - and inked over with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to add depth.

The rest of the card is made up of a piece of black card run through an embossing folder and then swiped over with gold acrylic paint on a baby wipe. The torn piece of patterned paper, had it's edges inked and a little gold paint added for interest.
Mwah was embossed with Bark EP, and their you have it!

My take on a masculine, loved up card. Hope you like it.

Hugs
Rachel x
 

Comments

  1. What a fantastic project! I love the effect of empossing with clear Powders first, that´s really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic techniques. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! (!) So many techniques in one post :) The effects you describe are new to me, so I'm going to have to go play now.... Great card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant techniques and a mwah! card indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not checked in here for some time because I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment