Call Me!

 Jennifer Matott here with my first WOW blog post!  So excited to be using these products and sharing my first card that I've made with the stamps and powders! As soon as I saw this stamp set, I KNEW that I wanted to use the red powder!  This color screams WOW!

 First, I started with a sheet of the phone book as my background paper. I save the old books so I can use the pages for drying paintings, wiping up spills, and using the papers as backgrounds! So, this was a perfect match!
 I stamped the embossing ink over the stencil directly on the paper. 
 I used two of the Suzy West colors and one of the WOW metallics to create a gradation effect. I applied each and then used my heat gun to set them. I loved watching the colors melt into one another.  GORGEOUS!  These are the easiest powders to use and so stunning!

Here is a close up of the red and yellow merging together.
 I stamped the framed text stamp with the Skyline Grey puff powder and then the phone booth was stamped with red ink on vellum to layer.

I have to say that these powders are awesome!  I loved experimenting with color combinations and how vibrant and smooth they are! This card will be displayed at the WOW booth at the 2012 CHA.

Here are the products I used:
WOW "Call Me" stamp set- STAMPSET3
WOW Suzy West powder: California Sunshine Regular - SW-WHO6R
WOW Suzy West powder: Cable Car Red Regular- SW-WHO1R
WOW Suzy West powder: Skyline Grey Puff- SW-WP02
WOW Powder:  Metallic Copper Regular- WCO2R
Crafter's Workshop template
May Arts ribbon
Vellum

Thanks for letting me share my first WOW project with you!  I know you will love working with this product!

Comments

  1. This is wonderful! I love that you used phone book pages, just perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, I love that stencil and how you used the book pages, looks great with the powders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stencil ... and how this all comes together ... what a rockin' card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! You have opened my eyes to all new ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stencil and what a cool idea to use an old telephone book page on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your powders and stencils ... awesome idea! I am going to try it in my art journal today =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment