You Rock! Exploring Embossing with Jayne



Hey guys, how are you? I'm back today with the latest instalment in the Exploring Embossing series, and this time, I'm looking at creating a background using heat embossed die cut shapes!



I've been waiting to colour up this image from The Greeting Farm (Rockstar Anya 2) for ages. It reminds me of my five year old daughter and I made this for her :)

I had an idea of the colour scheme I wanted - red, purple and black - so I raided my embossing draw and chose Pomegranate (from the Silk Road Trio), Hibiscus and Frosted Glass. I covered two panels of white card with embossing ink, added the Pomegranate and Hibiscus  embossing glitters, and set with my heat tool.

I repeated the same process with the Frosted Glass powder on to some black card.



Next, I used the Stitched Star dies from Heffy Doodle to cut a small, medium and large star from the three embossed panels. I attached them to a white A2 card base with tape runner.

I stamped, coloured and fussy cut my Anya image, using Copic colours that coordinated with the embossed stars (colour list below).

Hair - C9/C7/C5
Skin - E13/E21/E00, R20
Guitar and hair bow - R39/R37/R35
Guitar shading - C1
Top - BV08/BV04/BV02
Skirt - 100/W9/W8
Boots - C9/C7/C5

I then stamped the You Rock greeting in black ink, and added Anya with foam tape. To finish off, I added three black enamel dots from Time for Tea Designs. 

I have a 60 second video over on Instagram showing how this was made - hope to see you there! 

Comments