Embossed Detail Die Cuts

T

Hello WOW! Friends, and welcome back to another Embossing Elegance post. Today I have a lovely card I created using several WOW! embossing powders including the Silk Road Trio. Oh my goodness! This trio is absolutely stunning.



I began by inking and then heat embossing three different card panels with each of the colors: Pomegranate, Silk Brocade, and Chinese Lantern. Then I die cut using the dragonfly die. I like to heat emboss before cutting an intricate die, because I think it's usually much easier. 


Next I cut the shadow sentiment from a Polished Gold heat embossed panel, and layered with a Black Glint embossed sentiment.



Before adhering, I splattered water onto a black panel of cardstock, and heat embossed with the Polished Gold. Did you know you could do that? Yup! Super simple! It gives a subtle and organic look to the splatters.



Finally, I layered over gold mirror cardstock and a black card base, and popped the sentiment up with foam tape before adding flat-backed gold beads. 

What do you think? I love when a card comes together that is a little different than what I originally planned. I think these three dragonflies are so pretty and delicate. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. You can find a short process reel on Instagram HERE.

Big Hugs!
Erin

Comments

  1. The butterflies look beautiful using these pretty embossing powders Erin, and they stand out really well against the dark background, and the added coordinating sentiment looks great with the brushed gold card used for the shadow layer, and I love the gold beads and some gold spattering as the finishing touches. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment