I hope you are all having an amazing day so far :) Did you know that as well as having a wide selection of amazing embossing powders, WOW! also has an amazing offering of stencils! Pair both items together to create sparkly, patterned magic! To find out how I made this cute as a bug card, please read on.
1. Taking a rectangle die and WOW!'s Superior Smooth White Cardstock, I die cut my base layer, then ink blended Altenew's Crisp Dye Ink in Warm Sunshine and Caramel Toffee.
2. Using a honeycomb patterned stamp and Altenew's crisp dye ink in Firebrick, I stamped the image on opposite sides of the base layer, then taking WOW!'s 'Confetti Hexagon' stencil and 'Tarnish Brass' powder, I embossed the pattern into place using the 'Dual Speed Heat Embossing Tool'.
3. Using the 'Confetti Hexagon' stencil and the 'Caramel Toffee' crisp dye ink, I blended a few of the circles the the corners of the base layer to add some additional details to the background.
4. Taking Clearly Besotted's 'Bugs Life' stamp set, I stamped, coloured and cut out two super cute critters and stamped a sentiment onto the base layer. Using the WOW! embossing pen, I inked up the bee's wings and heat embossed 'Halo' to add some additional glitter to the cute critter.
5. Using foam tape, I set the bee into the middle of the hexagon and set the ladybird off to the side :)
Have you used any WOW! stencils before? There is such a wide variety of amazing designs and patterns to help take your embossing powders to the next level :) Make sure to tag WOW! in all your designs so that we can show them love!
Much Love, Jo x
What cute little bugs, and the embossed stamped, stencilled and embossed background looks fabulous Jo...great colours too! xReplyDelete
Thank so much pat! Definitely a unique colour palette for me but I enjoyed trying out a different style xDelete