Exploring Embossing - Colour Drops

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you're all having a lovely day. Today I'm not sharing a Valentine's card, but I am sending you flowers!




In this month's instalment of "Exploring Embossing", I decided to try and make my own sparkly drops for the centres of my die cut flowers. I started by die cutting the "Ready to Bloom" cover die from the Stamp Market and adhering it to a white card base.

I then picked out some distress oxide colours that matched the new Twinkly Fizz Trio (spun sugar, wilted violet and salvaged patina) and used mini blender brushes to apply the colour to individual flowers.




To make my colour drops, I simply added a blob of liquid glue to the centre of the flower, then poured the embossing glitter over it. I briefly heat set it with my heat tool - but not for too long, or it would bubble and pop/flatten down, and I wanted nice domes in the centres of the flowers!

I then created a small panel of silver card by adding the new polished silver embossing powder to some scrap card and heat setting it. The shine on the new metallic powders is unreal! I die cut the word "hello" from the silver panel, and a shadow from adhesive vellum, and added it to my card.




I like how this turned out, and how it gives you the option to create your own colour drops if you don't have the right ones in your collection! Have you tried this before? 

Thanks for joining me again, and see you next time for more Exploring Embossing!





Comments

  1. This is such a pretty card and I love the colours you have used on the flowers, and the dots of hot glue covered with the embossing glitter make wonderful centres for the flowers, and also love the high shine on the Polished Silver EP. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment