Exploring Embossing


Hi there, it's Jayne here, and I'm back again today with the latest instalment in the Exploring Embossing series!

This time, I'm looking at using embossing with sympathy cards. Now, my embossing powder / glitter draw wouldn't normally be the first place I would go when I need to make a sympathy card. Sympathy cards need to be elegant, sophisticated, reserved even. However, today I'm going to show you that you can make sympathy cards just like this with your embossing powders!


To start off, I stamped my floral image (the Fantasy Florals stamp set from MFT Stamps) using Wow! Embossing ink on to white card. I added some gold embossing powder, and heat set. Next, I fussy cut around the image. For the small sections of the image where it wasn't possible to get into the space with my scissors, I coloured them in using a Copic marker that closely matched the blue card panel.

I then took a panel of dark blue cardstock, and again stamped the floral image in the top right hand corner of the panel, using the Wow! Embossing ink. This time, I didn't add any embossing powder, and left it as a tone-on-tone look.



I added foam squares to the back of my white floral image, and adhered it to the opposite corner on the blue panel, trimming away anything over hanging on the long edge.

I then stamped one of the sentiments from Simon Says Stamp's Sympathy Greetings Mix stamp set on to the same blue card, using the embossing ink. I added the same gold powder and heat set, before fussy cutting and adding to the card with foam tape / squares.

Finally, I used double sided tape to add the panel to an A2 card base, leaving a slim white margin on each long side.

If you head over to the Wow! Instagram page, there's a reel showing the cardmaking process in action!

Products used:

Rich Gold Embossing Powder: (UK Link) (US Link)

Dual speed heat tool: (UK Link) (US Link)

Slow drying embossing pad: (UK Link) (US Link)

Until next time!
/






Comments

  1. This is a beautiful sympathy card Jayne and the gold looks wonderful on the blue, and then the white added flowers with the dark blue outline of the image stamped on the background looks so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment