December Reels | Exploring Embossing | Merry Everything!

Hey crafty friends, I'm so excited to bring you today's December daily reel! 

Continuing my theme of Exploring Embossing, on today's card, I've done an emboss resist technique with embossing glitter. 




I started out by inking up the Snowflake background cling from Simon Says Stamp with Wow! Embossing Ink, then stamping it over some pale blue cardstock. I used the new Santa's Beard embossing glitter over the whole background and heat set.

Next, I ink blended various shades of distress oxide ink (tumbled glass; blueprint sketch; chipped sapphire) from lightest in the centre to darkest around the edge over the embossed background. I used a microfibre cloth to wipe away any excess ink from the embossed background, to allow it to shine.




To make my sentiment, I die cut three "merry"s (also Simon Says Stamp), which I glued together for dimension, then pressed into my Wow! Embossing ink. I covered it in Red Glimmer embossing powder (from the new Christmas Tinsel Trio) and heat set. I added the sentiment to the card panel with liquid glue, then added a pre-printed sub-sentiment underneath (these are also from SSS!).




I trimmed down the panel and added it to a white A2 card base with foam tape to finish my card. I love the embossing glitter background, it's subtly festive! 

Hope you have a festive, crafty day, and I'll be back soon with some more inspiration :)

Comments