"Mr. Charming" Masculine mixed media panel

Hello all,

Welcome to the WOW EMBOSSING blog page and this is Madhurima today with yet another project. This time I wanted to make something grungy and more on the masculine side so have created this panel. First let's have a look at the project and then I will be explaining it step by step with a bonus tutorial for you all at the end.


Steps:
1. First I have prepped the base with a couple of coats of white gesso.

2. With a stencil ( mind games from Finnabair) and some texture paste I have added random textures to the background. With the texture paste still wet I sprinkled the Tschenny's sky and metallic platinum embossing powders from WOW and then have heat set it. This gives a lovely raised effect.



3. I have tried to keep the whole theme in mostly blues and Brown's. So accordingly using Lindy's magicals I have added color to the background.

4. Once I was happy with the background, I next prepared a few embellishments.

5. For the clay embellishments I have used the same magicals and liquid acrylics to color them and then added a few waxes to give them extra depth and dimension.



6. For the die cuts and chipboards, firstly I have covered them up nicely with the WOW EMBOSSING ink pad and then have used quite a no.of different powders like Tschenny's sky, crusty copper, blueberry pie, pea coat, black twinkle, Inca glitz and metallic platinum to color them.




7. Finally using a few emphemra pieces, the die cuts, chipboards, clay pieces and handmade flowers I have built a simple composition.

Here is a close up of the panel. You will find the tutorial at the end of this post.






Here is the tutorial. Hope you all liked it. See you all soon in the next blog. Till then bye and take care ❤️❤️❤️.

https://youtu.be/Mc_8vHACSKQ

Comments