Exploring Embossing - glow in the dark ghosts!

Guys, I had the MOST fun creating this card! I got to try lots of new techniques and really had no idea how it would turn out, so I'm really pleased with how it did!



I started out by creating a slimline panel from black cardstock. I then ink blended some Halloweeny colours over it. From bottom to top, I used: fossilised amber, wild honey, carved pumpkin and wilted violet distress oxides. The colour you get blending on to black card is quite subtle but almost glows! It was a nice surprise, and perfect for this spooky background.



Next, I used my Cloud Builder stencil from Pinkfresh Studio to blend some clouds over the top with white pigment ink (Hero Arts).I then splattered some gold watercolour paint over the background, just by loading up a paintbrush and gently tapping it over the top.


Setting aside the background, I stamped four of the ghosts (and their accessories) from the Ghost Friends set by Pretty Pink Posh. I used copic-friendly ink (Extreme Black by MFT Stamps) and coloured the accessories, but left the ghosts blank.





Then, I took my embossing pen from Wow!, coloured in the body of each ghost, and covered it in glow in the dark embossing powder, which I then set with my heat tool. The glow in the dark powder works SO WELL, I couldn't believe it!

To finish up my card, I heat embossed the sentiment using Wow's super fine bright white powder, onto some black card, and die cut with a circle die. I glued this and 3 of the ghosts down with foam tape. For the last ghost, I popped him on to a mini action wobbler, which I've never done before, and it adds such a fun element to the card!




I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it! See you next time!

Comments