WOW! Embossing | Green with Earth Tones



Hello Darlings!

Welcome to another week of Cutsie Cards with Jo :) Today I am showing a card I created using more Earthy, neutral tones. I must admit, sometimes I do get carried away with lots of bold colours and shimmer, that I neglect the beauty of simplicity. To find out how I made this card, please read on.


1. Take a neutral coloured cardstock and use a die to cut out square shape for the base layer. The cardstock I have used is Papermill Direct's 'Biscuit' 240gsm.

2. Take three strips of white cardstock and ink them up with WOW! Embossing ultra slow drying ink. Emboss each strip with following embossing powders: 'Jealous Guy','Metallic Gold Rich', and 'Earthtone Olive' (as pictured left to right). Glue the strips down the centre of your base layer.


3. Using Neat and Tangled 'Calathea' stamp set, emboss various images from the set, with 'Metallic Gold Rich', onto different shades of green card stock and white vellum paper. Take the matching dies and cut out the embossed images, then glue into place in an arrangement around the strips. 

4. Finish off the card with some matching coloured sequins and gemstones. I also added some stickers with the words 'Soul' and 'Mate' to finish off the card. These stickers are taken from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 'Seasonal' set. I absolutely adore these sticker sets and definitely need to get more!

I hope you enjoyed this earth tone inspired card and I hope it has given you inspiration to create one of your own. 

Much Love, Jo xxx



Comments

Post a Comment