Heat Embossing BACKGROUND COLOURING and more!

Hello lovely crafty friends, it’s Sasha from Love Builds Up Crafts here with another Cardmakers Delight! Thank you so much for popping by. This week has been so very hard on many of us so in order to honour Our amazing Queen, I decided to make some Royal Purple encouragement/appreciation cards for all my friends who are feeling distraught. 



Please watch the process  Video Right Here as that is more detailed than this post. Also don’t forget to use discount code WOWDTSO for 10% off your embossing. 



So I started by die cutting the Lenten Rose Cover die from Crafty Meraki, then I used the inlay bits to create one panel and the outline part another panel so that we end up with 2 cards. Watch the video to see how you can use press and seal to make your life easy! For the first card I did some ‘no perfection required’ ink blending using some distress oxides to create the perfect contrast between the matte ink and the glossy embossing. The inks I used are linked below. 


I used the mixed media brush to add some embossing ink onto the empty spaces in the die cut panel. The embossing ink pen is to push the ink into the little spaces that the brush can’t get to. Be very careful when using the mixed media brush not to get too much embossing powder on your panel as this will cause bubbling when you heat emboss. For this technique, it is best to work in small areas so be patient and work in small sections. 



Once the background of my panel was embossed I stuck it onto a 3 3/4 x 6 3/4 card base and added a sentiment to complete the card. Of course don’t forget to add pearls or gems or sequins. 



To create the second card,  I stuck the outline part of the die cut onto some WOW embossing superior cardstock and I went ahead and ink blended the flowers just as I did for the card above. Using the same colour combo also makes your life easier right?! Next I heat embossed all the spaces that where not covered with flowers using the purple powder. In some spaces I did one layer of embossing powders in some spaces I double embossed. This creates a kind off stained glass effect.



I then die cut two more outlines so that I could stick them over each other. I embossed the flower centres with Spiced Latte which is part of the newly released Coffee time with Catherine Pooler trio. I Then covered the rest of the panel with the Primary Royal Purple. The colour combo does scream Halloween but purple and orange is such a classic combo right?! I stuck the embossed outline over the ink blended panel and added some ebony gems to my flower centres to complete the card. 


Over on YouTube you can see a short explanation of how I made the other 2 cards so please make sure you pop on over to the WOW! Embossing Channel and watch thisThis video






I hope this has encouraged you to experiment with your embossing powders ❤️


Crafty hugs, 
Sasha x




Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif
Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Connect With Us:
 bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png



Comments

  1. These are gorgeous cards to honor the Queen. Thanks for the video on the process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment