WOW Embossing! | Fun at the 'Carnival'


Happy Thursday Darlings,

I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. I am back with another Cutsie card created using the amazing WOW 'Carnival' embossing powder. I think every week I say this with a different powder but...Carnival may just be my favourite! This powder is so eye catching and has the most beautiful Blue/Green undertone. To find out how I made this card, please read on :)


1. The cloud background: Take some white cardstock and cut using a slimline die. With a cloud shaped stencil, I used Clearly Besotted's 'Cloudy Day' stencil, and Distress Oxides in the following colours - Kitsch Flamingo, Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemon - create
 layered clouds all the way down your slimline panel. 

2. Taking another white piece of cardstock, cover the piece with WOW's Embossing Ink, sprinkle 'Carnival' embossing powder all over, and set into place using WOW's Heat Tool. Using Scrapbook.com 'Sunny Days Ahead' slimline die panel, cut out the top layer and adhere to the cloudy layer. I used a spray glue to adhere the two layers together.


3. With another white piece of cardstock (scraps are perfect for this), ink blend the Distress Oxides used in step 1 all over the cardstock. From Lawn Fawns 'Hello Sunshine' stamp set, stamp the three birds over the ink blend using embossing ink, sprinkle some more 'Carnival' embossing powder on top, set into place and then die cut the birds out. 

4. Die cut a 'Thank You' sentiment (or any sentiment!), from the same ink blend cardstock from step 3, and cut the same sentiment out on some black foam sheet to help add some dimension. My sentiment is 'Bitty Thank You' by Concord & 9th.

5. Adhere the birds and sentiment to the background and finish off the card with some colour coordinating sequins :)

I hope you like the card and I look forward to seeing your beautiful take of this design.

Love, Jo 






Comments

  1. Such a bright and beautiful slimline design Jo and I love the idea of adding the clouds to the sunrays, and the Carnival EP gives lots of pretty sparkle and coordinates perfectly..a really pretty card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment