WOW Embossing | Bold Backgrounds with Translucent Powders


Hello Darlings and Happy Thursday,

It's Jo here back with another Cutsie Card for inspiration. I feel like up until very recently, I never truly appreciated the versatility of WOW translucent powders, but these powders are amazing! Depending on how you apply these powders, the finish will differ ever so slightly, giving you endless possibilities. To find out how I made this card carry on reading the steps below :)


1. Taking kraft card stock (I used Papermill Directs 'Biscuit' 240gsm) and Claire Manning Creative's 'Moroccan Backgroud' stamp, I inked the design with a deep brown pigment ink and sprinkled WOW's 'In The Park' embossing glitter and heat embossed using WOW's Dual Speed Heat Tool. I really enjoy using dark pigment inks to really make the embossing powders and glitters stand out even more . If you haven't tried this method definitely give it a go.

2. Taking images from My Favorite Things 'Cute Critters' Stamp set, stamped and heat embossed these in WOW's 'Metallic Gold Rich' and used Polychromos pencils to colour in the images.


3. I stamped a sentiment from the same set and heat embossed this in WOW's 'Opaque Bright White'

4. I adhered the critters and sentiment onto the base layer using foam tape to add some dimension and to make sure they didn't get lost in the bold background. 


I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy card tutorial. 'In The Park' is such a wonderful embossing glitter, giving off a gorgeous green shine with golden undertones. If you haven't tried embossing translucent powders over dark pigment ink, make sure to give it a go, and you can compare the different results against a clear embossing ink :)

Love, Jo 





Comments

  1. I haven't tried transluscent powder over dark ink, but I'm going to now. Just love your cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Jo and thank you for the tip about using dark inks beneath embossing for even brighter looks and this green is so pretty...I love the cute tortoise and snail and the sweet little hearts. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment