Mixed Media Tags

Hello WOW Embossing fans!  It is Natasha here today and I am sharing a fun way to create colorful, mixed media tags using your embossing powders!  I had a lot of fun creating these!  Let's get started!  


I started by die cutting 2 tags from hot press watercolor card stock.  I used the Tim Holtz Tag die set. Next I chose my colors of oxide sprays.  I am using Saltwater Taffy and Uncharted Mariner.  I spritzed a little of each color on my glass surface, added a small amount of water, then smooshed the paper into the color.  Once my color was on my paper, I added small amounts of water to move the color.  I then used my heat tool to dry the color, spritzed with water, and dabbed up the color with paper towel.  I continued to repeat this process until I was happy with all the layers of color and texture.  In various places I also added Antique Linen distress oxide color.  


Once my panel was complete it was time to stamp.  I chose several sets from my stash to create a variety of texture in the background.  I used 3 shades of dye ink to apply the stamped images.  I stamped in random places around each tag.  

Once the stamping was complete it was time to heat emboss my wildflower silhouette stamps.  I applied WOW embossing ink to each flower image and used my stamping platform to stamp the flowers onto the tags.  I stamped multiple flower images and heat set them using WOW Opaque Vanilla White Powder.  I heat set the powder using my WOW heat tool.  I stamped and embossed several flower images on each tag.  


Once my flowers were embossed I added more texture to sections of the tag edges using embossing ink and powder.  I used 2 colors of powders: Opaque Vanilla White and Burnt Toffee.  I applied these in layers to the edges of the tag panels.  Once these were complete I darkened the edges of each tag using distress inks, as well as archival ink.  I added a few splatters using white and gold watercolors to each tag.  


To complete my tags I added some ephemera.  I also distressed the edges with ink, as well as some embossing powder in Burnt Toffee.  I completed the tags with sentiments from WOW embossing and added some twine to the top to complete my tags!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

Natasha 


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. These two new TH colours work beautifully together for the background of these tags Natasha, and I love the mix of stamps including the white embossed flowers which are so pretty and the added pieces of ephemera look great too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a result of your blog, I have learned a lot from it. I found it to be both very interesting and very informative. berlin skincare products then visit Botanic Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment