Cutsie Cards | Jump for Joy with WOW! Embossing


Happy Thursday Darlings!

Let's all Jump for Joy as we are so close to the weekend, another Cutsie Cards with Jo blog post is out, and WOW! Embossing has a whole lot of brand new products for you all to try out! So lots to celebrate right?

Today, I wanted to turn up the shine by mixing both shimmery embossing powder and some holographic cardstock to create the ultimate sparkle-tastic backdrop for my critters. To find out how I made this card, read on :)


1. Taking WOW! Embossing's Super Smooth Cardstock and WOW! Embossing pad, cover the card with the ultra slow drying embossing ink.
2. Taking 3 different embossing powders (I used 'Niagra Blues', 'Mermaid Tails' and 'Sparkling Sand'), sprinkled them over the inked cardstock in thirds.
3. Using WOW! Embossings dual speed heat tool, set the powders into place and enjoy the shine :)
4. Die cut a background cover onto some holographic cardstock. I used Altenew's 'Calming Reflection' die and Tonic Studios 'Water Sprite' Mirror Cardstock. Adhere the embossed layer underneath your die cut layer.


5. Stamp, cut, and colour some cute critters! I decided to use Clearly Besotted's 'Jump for Joy' stamp set. Doesn't Mr. Frog just make you want to smile?
6. Using WOW! embossing pen, fill in some areas of your stamped images which you would like to accentuate with some clear embossing powder. I chose to highlight Mr. Frogs belly and eyes, the heart and the wings of the fly. I sprinkled 'Clear Hologram' over the inked areas and heat embossed into place.
7. Stamp a sentiment onto some coloured cardstock (I used Green to match the theme). I also decided to heat emboss my sentiment with the 'Clear Hologram' powder to tie everything together.
8. Set everything into place with glue and foam tape, and finish off the card by adding a few gemstones and sequins. 



I hope you enjoy this card and give your own version a go! I would really like to see your creations based on this step by step tutorial. What I love most about this card is that the background does most of the talking, so you can keep the foreground to a minimum, which is great for a slow colorer like me!

Don't forget to head to the WOW! Embossing website to check out the amazing new product release.

Love, Jo 



Comments

  1. A very pretty background for that cute frog Jo...a beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment