Hot foiling over Embossing powder backgrounds

Hello lovely crafty friends, it’s Sasha here with another Cardmakers Delight. There are so many things you can do with embossing powders, but did you know you could also hot foil over them? 

So today I’m sharing a fun but simple way to create unique backgrounds and then hot foil over them. As always you can watch the reel on the WOW embossing Instagram page to get a better idea of the technique.

Did you know you can use the discount code WOWDTSO to get 10% off your purchases? Well now you know so please use it ;)






To make the background, I started by ink blending Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry distress oxides onto a 5 x 5 inch panel of Wow Embossing Superior White Cardstock. I ink blending halfway up the page and made the shapes look like flames from the candle. That was the idea behind this card and technique.



Whilst the distress oxides were still wet, I added a layer of WOW embossing clear gloss powder and heat embossed the panel. The texture was still a bit uneven so I took my WOW embossing slow drying ink pad and ink’d up the areas that were ink blended before adding another layer of clear embossing powder and heat embossing it. This time the finish was smooth and glossy just how I like it!

I then took my Spellbinders, so many candles hot foil plate and drew a line to mark on my panel where I was going to hot foil. To add more drama to the flame, I then took my WOW Embossing dual speed heat tool and re-heat a small embossed area above the line I drew. Once it was hot enough, I then used my fingers  sprinkle a bit of WOW embossing powder Metallic gold powder over the area and heat emboss it. Once you reheat the embossed areas you can add more embossing powder on top, as many times as you desire. 




Once I had my desired look, I then splattered the rest of the top area with some gold watercolour. Once my panel was cool to the touch, I went ahead and foiled the candles onto my panel with some gold foil. (You will need a hot foil machine for this, I use the Gemini foil press)
I then trimmed down my panel by 1/2 a cm on all sides before propping it up on some foam tape and sticking it onto a 5x5 card base. I finished it off by adding a foiled sentiment on black card stock and some sequins from Lucy’s shop. 


The look of this technique is really pretty especially when the light catches the gold embossing and the shine from the gloss! The pictures really don’t do it justice so please try it at least once and see for yourself! Don’t forget to tag us on social media when you do. 


Sending you crafty hugs and inspiration
Sasha x


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/





Comments

  1. Wonderful hot foiling Sasha and love those candles and the four pretty colours in the background, and the added sprinkling of gold powder works beautifully too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment