Cutsie Cards with Jo | Up and Away



Happy Thursday Darlings,

I am so excited to be writing my first blog post as a member of the WOW Design Team! If you are into Cutsie Cards, then I hope you enjoy this series and I hope you can find some inspiration through the cards I have to show you :)


1. Starting off with the base layer, I ink blended Distress Oxides in 'Carved Pumpkin', 'Dried Marigold' and 'Squeezed Lemon' over WOW Super Smooth White Card Stock. Then, taking Heffy Doodles 'Simple Starburst' stencil, I used WOW Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad and heat embossed Orangeade (WS127) on top. 

2. Taking Lawn Fawns 'Stitched Hillside Boarder' I ink blended Distress Oxides in 'Lucky Clover' and 'Twisted Citron' on top and splattered some water on top for some added texture.

3. For my Cutsie images this week, I used Time for Tea Designs 'Up, Up and Away' stamp and die set, and coloured the images in with alcohol markers.

4. Using the WOW Embossing Pen, I coloured in segments of the hot air balloon and heat embossed Periwinkle (WS303). For the cloud, I heat embossed Earl Grey (WS296). I love using the embossing pen, as it allows you to add really small details to your card :)

5. For the sentiment, I heat embossed Metallic Brass (WC03) onto some orange card stock and adhered both the images, hillside and sentiments onto the card using double sided foam tape to add dimension.

6. To finish off the card I added some sequins for some additional sparkle - because you can never have too much right?!

I hope you all enjoy the first card of this series and I cannot wait to see all your Cutsie Card Creations! Make sure to tag WOW Embossing on your posts so that I can have a little peak :)

Love, Jo x




Comments

  1. Such a sweet and pretty scene you've created Joanna and with lots of wonderful shimmer from the various embossing powders..a really wonderful finished card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment