Wow Embossing | Super Greens | Tone on Tone

Wow Embossing | Super Greens | Tone on Tone




Hi Darlings, it's Joanna here today writing my first ever blog post for WOW! I wanted to show off a card I made using only shades of green (and a little gold) and how the greens can appear a completely different colour depending on the tone they are placed against :)

To start off, I die-cut a larger slimline rectangle from a gorgeous Green card stock available at Papermill Direct. I then die-cut a smaller rectangle from white card stock and using Distress Oxides in 'Pine Needles', 'Rustic Wilderness' and 'Peeled Paint', I blended the inks over the white card stock and spritzed some water over to add some depth to the background.


Once the background was dry, I took Stamper Anonymous 'Speckles' layering stencil and went over this with WOW embossing ink pad. I sprinkled WOW's 'Golden Green' embossing powder and heat embossed this onto the background. 



Taking the following four WOW embossing powders, I took a scrap piece of white card stock and embossed: 'Jealous Guy', 'Earthtone Olive', 'Sea Turtle' and 'Royal Emerald' and cut them out with a small triangle die-cut. I adhered the triangles to the background in various places, using 3D foam tape for some to add extra dimensions. 


To finish off the card I heat embossed a sentiment from the Concord & 9th 'Lots to Say' stamp set in 'Metallic Gold Rich' onto a dark green card stock from Papermill Direct. 

I hope you enjoy the look of this card and I cannot wait to create more with different colours and shapes :)

Lots of Love, Jo




 
UK - https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/?aff=4
USA - https://www.wowembossingpowderusa.com/?aff=4

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB






Comments

  1. This is beautiful Joanna and I love the blended inky background and the different powders on the triangles all tone in brilliantly.. a prettily designed card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this card! You've inspired me to go make a card with shades of green!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment