love you gorgeous human - layered cut files with Guest Natalia

Hello, crafty friends!

It is Natalia with you today. 

Today's card is an example of how beautiful embossing powders are with layered die cuts. In this case, the panel I used is a cut file designed by Alex Syberia Designs. Do you use cut files much? I love them!


I started by cutting both floral panels from white cardstock. I then used the Luxurious Chocolate embossing powder, which is part of a gorgeous trio: It's Cold Outside *Raquel Burillo Perez* 

For the upper layer, I wanted something soft, so I went for Made You Blush which is a beautiful, light pink powder. It is hard to appreciate in the photos, but it's so shinny! Certainly one of my favourite colours. 


I must admit, once my panel was done, I thought it was stunning, but I struggled to choose a sentiment that stood up. I tried so many different colours and sentiments, and the panel was just too overpowering. 

So I braved it and die cut a circle on both layers of the panel! I used a smaller circle and cut it from the same beige cardstock. 

For my next step, I used double sided foam tape to mount both, the smaller circle die cut and the pink panel onto the brown one.  

The 'love' sentiment and its shadow are also cut files from Alex Syberia Designs. I did build a few layers of the word love, as well as add Glossy Accents to the final embossed layer. So much dimension! 

I finished it off with a sub-sentiment and a few gems from My Little Things from Lucy's cards. 

I hope you like my card and it inspires you to use your embossing powders with layered dies or cut files!

Sending hugs, 
Natalia

Comments

  1. What a fabulous embossed die cut layered look Natalia and the texture of the sentiment too which finishes it brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--absolutely gorgeous card! You've totally inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment