Tone-on-tone stamping friend card

Hello, crafty friends! 

It is Natalia with you today. I hope your weekend is going beautifully! 

Today's card is one of my favourite of all times I must say. I love the white spaces and the pop of colour from both the background and the sentiment. Don't you love it when a card turns out better than you thought it would?


If you saw my post last week, you know that I have already used this awesome WOW! Foliage Background stamp - I love it! This time, I decided to use the tone-on-tone technique. I must admit, I often forget about this technique, but the results are so lovely! 

I chose a light yellow cardstock and then used Buttercup from the Concord & 9th ink cubes to stamp the background image. I did this a couple of times to get a really good impression. Isn't it pretty? 


For my butterfly panel, I used the negative from the A2 Beautiful Butterflies cut file from Alex Syberia Designs. I then used double sided foam tape to mount the panel onto the tone-on-tone panel I'd previously prepared. 

I decided to add some of Alex' Fall Leaves cut files in both white and vellum, popping from the sides of the butterfly, to add some dimension and interest. I am a big fan of the results! 



The sentiment is a cut file from Alex Syberia Designs, from the love sentiments bundle. I chose the gorgeous Palm embossing powder from the WOW! Trio Tropical Nights. Oh my, that mixture of green and gold, it's incredibly beautiful! Isn't watching the powder melt and turn into its colours the most magical thing? I love it every time. 

I layered the sentiment 4 times, 3 from white cardstock and the last one with the embossed one. I then mounted it onto its vellum shadow using liquid glue. 


I added some gold and clear gems from My Little Things from Lucy's Cards and that completes my card!

I hope you like it and it inspires you. 

Sending hugs,
Natalia

Comments

  1. I love the large negative die cut butterfly and the yellow tone on tone stamped leaves within looks so pretty, and the added die cut leaves and the sparkly embossed sentiment finish it beautifully Natalia. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment