Mixed media with your Floral Stamps

Hello Crafty Friends!  It is Natasha here and I am excited to share a mixed media floral card today!  I love mixed media, so today I wanted to show you some ideas on how to create a simple mixed media style card with your floral stamps and embossing powders!  So let's get started!  


I started by stamping a 3D Cube Background stamp onto watercolor card stock.  I inked the background stamp using WOW embossing ink pad.  I then heat set the image using Metallic Gold Rich Embossing Powder.  Next I taped my panel down to a hard board to prevent warping.  I added water to the watercolor card stock, then applied  Lindy's Gang Magical powders to the background.  I love the combination of the embossing powder and the magicals!  Such a fun and beautiful effect!   I then set this aside to dry.  


Next I stamped these beautiful flowers using embossing ink and Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder. I then heat set the powder.  Next I used Catherine Pooler inks and the coordinating stencil to "color" the flower.  Once it was complete, I trimmed the image with my scan and cut.   

I wanted to add a bit more texture to this panel, so I die cut a die from Altenew and then added embossing powder to the die cut.  I applied ink with my brayer and then heat set with Caramel Vanilla Powder (It's Cold Outside Trio).  I love the added texture this provides.  I did not cover the whole die cut with powder, as I love the added texture of the white card stock showing through.  


To complete the card I chose the sentiment "Let's celebrate You" from WOW Embossing powder.  I then adhered all elements together using liquid glue and foam tape.  

I had a lot of fun creating a mixed media style inspired card using powders, stamps, and stencils!  I hope you like it too!  



I will be back soon with more mixed media inspiration!  


Crafty Hugs,
Natasha 


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/



Comments

  1. Another beautiful card Natasha and I love the gold embossing with the cube background and also the grid die cut which which stand out so perfectly through the added colour, and the gold embossed flower looking so pretty over the top with the added stencil colouring. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment