Independent Trios - Mixed Media with Natasha

Hi crafty friends!  I am excited to be back today to share a mixed media card with you inspired by the beautiful new trio - Independent.  This new trio is truly special, all profits from the sale of this trio will be donated to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.  So let's get started!  

For today's card I was inspired by the beautiful color palette of the new trio - Independent.  I created several gelli print backgrounds to get started!  These are always so much fun to create and will be awesome to have on hand for future cards!  Once I was done printing I chose the one you see here in my card.  I love the colors and the textures within the print.  Next I dry embossed the background using a 3D embossing folder from Tim Holtz - called Typewriter.  Once it was dry embossed I added 2 colors of archival ink to several of the raised letters.  To add a bit more texture I added embossing powder in Caramel Vanilla. This is from the trio - It is Cold Outside.  I added embossing ink in various sections to add more interest and visual texture.  Once heat set, I set the background aside.    


Next I started to work on my butterfly die cuts.  I started by inking WOW Smooth card stock with 2 colors of Catherine Pooler Ink.  I used Dress Blue and Chiffon.  I added a bit of water as well to add more texture to the ink.  I then die cut the butterflies using the Tim Holtz dies - Detailed Butterflies.  I then heat embossed both the yellow and blue butterfly top layer die cut using both Disco Ball and the Independent Trio set. From the trio I specifically used Wheatfields and Blue Skies.  Once they were complete I decided I wanted to add more texture to the butterflies, so I heat embossed one more time using Caramel Vanilla embossing powder.  I then adhered each layer of the butterfly together using liquid glue.  



To complete the card I used the Sweet Sentiments foil sheets.  I had previously foiled these using WOW Fab Foil in Bright Gold. I trimmed my sentiment and applied foam tape to the back.  Next I adhered my background down to an A2 card base.  I then chose the placement for my butterflies and sentiment.  I adhered these with both liquid glue and foam tape.  


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I had so much fun on today's card!  I hope you like it!  I will be back soon with more inspiration!  

Crafty Hugs, 
Natasha 

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. This is beautiful Natasha and full of wonderful texture and colour and I love the gelli plate background together with the pretty inked and embossed butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment