A closer look at the Independent trio!!

Hello Lovely Crafty Friends, it’s Sasha here and I am so excited to be bringing you something a little bit special…A Brand New Trio. What makes this trio super special is that 100% of the profit from the sale of these will be going to the DEC UKRAINE HUMANITARIAN APPEALIf there's one thing we know about the crafting community it is that, you CARE !!! We're a kind giving community and with the atrocities going on right now we want to show our support for all involved so please help us support those who need the support and care. 


I will be sharing how to make this card that uses all the three powders together but if you want to see how the individual powders look, then head over to the WOW! Embossing powder YOUTUBE!  channel for a close look at the colours.




So I am a big fan of modern art and this card was inspired by it. I started off by inking up a starburst stencil with WOW!Embossing Powder slow drying embossing ink. I then added a layer of wheatfields embossing powder and heat embossed it. Once this was done I ink blended over that starburst area with some squeezed lemon distress oxide ink.


I then took some card scraps and used some snow border dies to cut out these wave like shapes. For the top wave used white pigment ink to heat emboss one layer of blue skies embossing powder. You will see the embossing powder moving when you place heat on it for a longer period. Allow it to move and that’s how you get those shapes. You will see how I do this is the YouTube video tutorial.




For the middle wave I used WOW! embossing powder ink to heat emboss a layer of the united embossing powder then I added a layer of the blue skies embossing powder over  can keep layering the two powders as much as you want as the blue skies is translucent so it will always show what’s underneath. 

For the Bottom wave I used WOW! Embossing ink to heat emboss 2 layers of the blue skies embossing powder. I then took a royal blue alcohol marker and coloured over it then I added more heat to the panel. Once the powder starts to mix with the alcohol marker, you get this beautiful texture that I feel like it adds to the look and feel of water. I then added a strip of gold mirror card to the top of each wave.

To assemble the card, I heat embossed a sentiment in metallic gold embossing powder and added some foam tape just to the top of each wave. I added some glue to the bottom and stuck down each wave over the other starting with the top wave first. 



I finished the card off with some gold pearls which I am obsessed with and I will try and avoid in my next cards! I really do hope you love this trio as much as I do and please join us in supporting this amazing cause by getting yourself some beautiful embossing powders and embossing glitters.



We'd love to see what you create with yours, so please share them with us on our WOW Embossing Powder Facebook Fans Page or E-Mail them to us at sales@wowembossingpowder.co.u


crafty hugs 
Sasha x


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/





Comments

  1. A beautiful card demonstrating the three fabulous colours and perfect to show solidarity with Ukraine Sasha. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment