VIDEO Stellar Birthday

Hello crafty friends! Lien here with another birthday card using the fabulous WOW embossing powders. If you want to see the process of making this card, including the coloring session I hope you check out the video below!



For this card I started out by stamping some of the images from the Moon Men stamp set by Reverse Confetti in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Clairefontaine DCP 250 gsm cardstock. This is an alcohol marker friendly ink, however I love my black embossed outlines, so I leave the stamps in the same spot in my Misti while I color in the images. Once these are colored in I can put the paper back in the same corner of my Misti and stamp again in Versafine Onyx Black ink and emboss with WOW Clear Gloss Super Fine embossing powder. I do this extra step because embossing powder and alcohol markers don't mix, it's very bad for your markers to color over embossed lines. 


For my background I colored a white piece of paper with an ink cube. Just swiped it straight over the paper, you can start with colored cardstock of course! I also cover the panel with WOW Ultra Slow Drying Clear Embossing ink. I use an ink blending tool for this so the blue ink doesn't transfer to my ink pad. Then I can add the Midnight embossing powder from the Moonlight trio and watch the magic happen as I melt it with the Dual Speed Heat Tool by WOW. 


I die cut a banner from this with the Slimline Banner dies by Pinkfresh Studio and arrange this on my card (without adhering it down yet!) to see where to stamp my sentiment. I stamp that in Versafine Onyx Black and emboss it with WOW Clear Gloss embossing powder. Then I can adhere the galaxy banner onto my cardbase with foam tape. I prop all the images up on pieces of foam tape as well to give them some lovely dimension and to finish it off I added some silver gems from Pretty Pink Posh between my images. 

If you want more information, I highly recommend you check out the video!




Comments

  1. This is a fun card Lien and love the embossed starry sky background and the sweet astronaut..a really fun card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment