VIDEO Black Magic With Lien

Hello everyone! I'm Lien and I'm so excited to be guesting for WOW for the coming weeks! My first card for the WOW blog and YouTube channel is very far out of my comfort zone. If you know me, you know I'm addicted to bright rainbow colors, and this card has none of those.


I started out by diecutting the Blanket Stitched Rectangles by Pinkfresh Studio from black cardstock. I diecut the smaller one from inside the bigger one so I could do some die cut inlay. I also die cut one of the hearts in the Postal Cover Die set by Reverse Confetti six times out of black cardstock to use later. On the smaller rectangle I used the Diamonds stencil by WOW. I used an ink blending tool to apply the WOW Embossing Ink through the stencil and embossed the diamond pattern with WOW Ebony Super Fine embossing powder.  

I heatset that, shifted my stencil and applied more ink through it. This time I embossed it with the WOW Black Magic embossing powder. Once that's heatset I can die cut that Reverse Confetti heart one more time from the top right corner of that panel. I stacked all the heart die cuts on top of each other and covered the edges in WOW Gold Ultra High embossing powder.

I adhered the black frame on top of a white notecard, propped the smaller rectangle up on a piece of cardboard and inserted the heart. I added a sentiment from the Pinkfresh Studio Perfect Sentiments stamp set and a butterfly that I had previously stamped and embossed with WOW Gold Rich Pale onto acetate. I adhered the acetate butterfly with Glossy Accents because that's the strongest glue in my stash for slick surfaces.

Now I love to make matching envelopes too, if you want to see how I made one for this card, make sure you check out the video on the WOW Embossing Powder YouTube channel!



Comments

  1. This is beautiful Lien and congratulations on being Guest Designer, and such a dramatic look with the different metallic embossing powders, and I love the wonderful gold heart over the diamond stencilling, and the super blanket stitched edge on the mats. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment