Simple Watercolor Birthday Cards

Hello everyone! Lien here from Studio Kato, back again with another video and blogpost for WOW! Today I got out my watercolors after a good long while of not really using them and I had so much fun with it. 


For this set of cards I just wanted to pair some of my favorite embossing powders with watercolors. I stamped and painted in the backgrounds and added some sentiments. Easy birthday cards in colors and patterns that would work well for any recipient. 


For the blue card I used the Hexagon stamp by WOW, stamped it in WOW Ultra Slow Drying embossing ink and used the Vintage Peacock embossing powder for it. I heatset it, die cut it with one of the Double Stitched Rectangle dies by The Ton and colored it in with watercolors.


I propped it up on a piece of cardboard for extra dimension and added a die cut sentiment from the Happiest Hellos by The Stamp Market + a sub sentiment from the Inside Birthday Sentiments stamp set by Honey Bee Stamps. 


For my second card, I stamped a pattern on some watercolor cardstock using the Tropical Leaves stamp set by Reverse Confetti. I used the Royal Emerald embossing powder by WOW and heatset it. This one I die cut a little larger with the Double Stitched Staxx Dies by My Favorite Things. 


I also gave this one some extra dimension with a piece of cardboard. The sentiment die I used here is from Reverse Confetti and belongs in the Hooray and Cheers Word Duo Die set. I used another subsentiment from the Honey Bee Stamps stamp set and finished both cards with the matt pearls in gold and silver from Pinkfresh Studio. 

You can check out the video right here if you're interested.



Comments

  1. Two beautiful watercoloured cards Lien and love the different embossing powders you fhave used which give such a pretty look and great die cut and embossed sentiments too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment