Embossing Backgrounds and Die Cuts

Hello there, Carrie Rhoades here. I am super excited to be guest designing with WOW! this month. And I have to say that I have been truly WOWed with the two new trios of embossing powder that I got to play with. Today I will be sharing one of them with you, the Pastel Gemstones. I am going to be using them on die cut words. It not only takes these die cuts up a notch but up to a whole new level! 



I love all three of the powders in this trio so I decided to make three cards!  You can see them all come together in THIS VIDEO.

For each background on each card I did a different emboss resist technique using the Hexagon Stamp and clear embossing powder. And each card using a different powder from the Pastel Gemstones trio. Let's take a closer look at each. 
All the cards today have the Hexagon background stamp inked up with the WOW Embossing Pad and then embossed with the Clear Gloss Embossing Powder. The resist technique I used for this card is watercolor. Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink was the perfect watercolor medium to go with the Blue Aventurine embossing powder. I just watered some of the ink down and brushed it over the embossed panel.

Here you can see the beautiful embossed die cut. I pressed the die cuts into the Embossing Pad and then sprinkled powder over the entire piece, finishing it off my melting the powder with the WOW Heat Tool. But to make it really stand out, I repeated this process and embossed the die cut twice. The results are just stunning! 

The emboss resist technique I used for this card is to SPRAY over it. The spray for this card... Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink. What a gorgeous result. And a bit of splatter to finish off the splattery look.

The Rose Quartz powder is gorgeous on this Celebrate die cut!

On my last card I did some old fashioned ink blending with Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink. Keeping the ink dark and heavy at the top and fading it out towards the bottom. And again splattering over it for a more interesting look. 

I did mix it up a bit on this die cut. As the Lemon Amber powder is a very light yellow I chose to die cut my "hello" from yellow card stock. I found that this was a great way to get more uses out of my embossing powder and I LOVE the result. 

These powders are so amazing, I love how the gold flecks are suspended in the colored powder, it really is a WOW!!! 

Below you will find all the supplies I used to make these cards RIGHT HERE.
Thank you so much for stopping by! 


Comments

  1. I love the pretty embossed backgrounds Carrie, and the interesting finishes of the large die cut sentiments too. Embossing always adds that special something to a card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment