Guest Designer Miki | Stellar Birthday Slimline Card


Miki joins us here on the blog with another fabulous card.

____________________________________________________________________



Hi friends! 

It's Miki here, your Creative Guest for January, and today I'm back with a new card. This time I decided to focus on die cutting, shocking I know! I had this idea in mind and I figured this is the perfect opportunity to give it a go.

To start with, I picked my embossing powder colours:

  • WOW! Trio Indulgence Tracy Scott
    • Pea Coat
    • Cerulean
    • Golden Vintage Lace
  • WOW! Trio Magic Metallics Sara Naumann
    • Golden Glow
    • Pure Platinum
  • WOW! Trio Just Desserts Seth Apter
    • Burnt Toffee
    I then went ahead and created my own "glittery paper" using those. I used some scraps and coated them in WOW! Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink, applied each powder individually and heat set them. Once I had my 6 shades swatched I picked some star dies from Avery Elle and cut them from each color.

    Then, for my card base I decided to create a slimline. That's 8" x 3 1/4" in my case so I went ahead and created that from white card stock. I then used a scalloped frame die from Time For Tea Designs to cut from grey card stock. Next, I cut another white panel just a bit smaller than my grey scalloped one. The size I ended up with was 7 1/2" x 2 3/4". I adhered all the layers together. Before gluing down my stars I picked a sentiment to stamp directly on my card front. Once that was done I added the stars. Some of them I glued directly to the panel, some I added with foam tape just to add some dimension and that was it.

    I had a lot of fun using embossing powders to create my glittery paper to die cut from and I hope you'll give it a go!

    If you like my projects please make sure to come say hi on my InstagramBlogFacebook or Youtube.

    Hugs,
    Miki

    Connect With Us:
    Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
     
    bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

    Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
    Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

    Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
    Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
    UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

    Comments

    1. What a host of prettily embossed stars Miki and love the slimline shape which shows them off beautifully. x

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment