Guest Designer Miki | Embossing On vellum


Please welcome our 1st guest for the year ........ Miki. We have absolutely adored Miki's creations over on her Instagram and are very grateful she is joining us for the month of January to showcase her talent with WOW! Embossing Powder products.


Hi friends!

It's Miki here and today I have an extra special collaboration to share with you - I'm guest designing for WOW! Embossing Powders and I'm so, so happy! I've been using their products ever since I started crafting so you can imagine how excited I was when they reached out about this. Throughout the month of January, I'll share with you a new project every Monday so stay tuned for that!

Today, I want to share with you a card featuring a technique that I love - embossing a digi stamp on vellum.

To start with, I printed one of my favourite digital stamps from Alex Syberia - Bouquet of Hope on vellum. I then rushed from my printer to my desk and applied WOW! Bright White Embossing Powder all over. Vellum is great to print on because the ink stays wet that little bit longer and the embossing powder doesn't stick where it shouldn't so it works out perfectly. I then heat set my image and fussy cut it around the image.


Next, for my background, I wanted to create a striped feature so I took my Mama Elephant stripe dies and cut them from 3 different coloured card stock. I then started gluing them to some printer paper, alternating in colour. I picked the Oval scalloped frame die from Time For Tea Designs and used it to cut my striped paper. Using the same die I die cut 3 oval frames from white cardstock and glued them together for added dimension. For my background, I used a die-cutting plate from Simon Says Stamp for extra details. I then glued down my oval frames to the background and the striped pattern inside it.

To attach my Vellum I used some liquid glue on the edges. Usually, glue isn't great for vellum, but thanks to the white embossing powder you can't really see it. For my sentiment, I used the Avery Elle Simple Sentiments and embossed it in WOW! Bright White Embossing Powder on black card stock. I cut it using the matching die and glued it on my card using foam tape. Lastly, I added some black gems across my card for added details.

I hope you like today's card and I'd love to see your take on embossing on vellum.

If you like my projects please make sure to come to say hi on my InstagramBlogFacebook or Youtube.

Crafty Hugs,
Miki

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. The printed and embossed vellum flowers look great over the striped background Miki and the scalloped oval frame shows it all off brilliantly, also the pierced cover plate background finishes the card perfecty. Congratulations on being a Guest Designer for January. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment