Embossed Foliage Friend Card with Creative Guest Miki


Hi friends!

It's Miki here and it's time I bring you a new project for WOW! Embossing Powders using some of the newly released products. Today's card is a little unusual for me, but I enjoy going outside of my comfort zone to try out new designs and techniques and I have to say making this card was a lot of fun!

To start with, I focused on my background. I used the T4TD Woodgrain Stamp and embossed it using the WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder. I then heat set it and did some quick ink blending. I used the Antique Linen Distress Ink and the Memento Espresso Truffle to add a slight hint of brown. Then, I used the T4TD Wide Stitched Frames and cut the middle one from craft card stock. I set these aside to focus on my foliage.

My foliage dies are the T4TD Spring Blooms - I love this set because it's super versatile! I die cut 4 of the dies from white card stock 4 times each - so I ended up with a total of 16 pieces. The reason I chose to die cut my foliage first and emboss them once they were cut is because I wasn't looking for perfect coverage. The embossing powders that I chose are very unique and have some white and gold speckles and I wanted those to show through. Now, back to the embossing. These are the colours that I chose:
  • WOW! Trio Party Popper
    • Poppin Pink
    • Poppin Yellow
    • Poppin Blue
  • WOW! Trio Tropical Nights
    • Palm
I divided my die cut pieces in 4 groups and embossed them in the 4 different colours. Initially, I tired gluing the pieces to some scrap paper and emboss them that way but eventually I gave up and went one by one. I found this to be the easiest and fastest way for me.

Once I had all my foliage embossed, I focused on my sentiment. I used a Friend wafer die from SSS and cut the word from white card stock 3 times for added dimension and the shadow from craft card stock.

To assemble my card, I first took the frame die and glued it to my background at a bit of an angle. Then, starting with my blue leaves I glued them to my frame on the left hand side, then moved on to the green, yellow and finally pink. To finish it off I added my sentiment using foam tape.

This card was so much fun to make and the embossing powders are just stunning! I hope you like it and please make sure to come back for new inspiration next week!

If you like my projects please make sure to come say hi on my InstagramBlogFacebook or Youtube.

Hugs,
Miki



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments