Reel | Thank You Card with Earth Sparkles

Hej and Welcome!

It's Martina here with you today.

I have -again- been playing with WOW Earth Sparkles and A Pocket full of Hapiness Dies. 

There is also a Reel on the WOW IG Channel  showing my easy and fun process.

The first step was to cut a slimline card base.

I like to work with a 21cmx21cm piece of cardstock, folded in half and a cardstock pannel which measures 20,5cmx10cmand is just slightly smaller than the card.

I have been applying white Texture Paste through the "Lots a Dots" Stencil to add some more dimenstion and interest to my background without adding too much to the design.

For my focal pont, I have been using a scrap piece of cardstock which was slightly bigger than the base layer of my die.
I have been covering the whole piece of cardtock with stripes of doublesided adhesive tape.
Just for fun, I have been using two different sizes of tape.

After that has been done, I have peeled off the protective layer of the tape and poured WOW Earts Sparkles over the tacky stripes. I haven't been focusing on a pattern when it comes to arranging the colours, just kept it random.

But I have been working one colour at a time and put the left over parkle back into the jar, before moving to the next colour!

After my background was fully be-sparkled, I have been die cutting the base layer of my focal point from it.

Everything else was simply glueing the "Thank you" to the sparkly piece, adhering to the card and then - to finalize everything - placing some matching sequins.

As much as I love more messy, mixed media-ish projects, I totally love a clean and simple card too.

Thank you so much for your time!

Have an amazing day!

Martina


Comments

  1. The Earth Sparkles look great in stripes using double sided tape to stick them to the card, and love the die cut sentiment cut from it, and perfect on the slimline card with more texture using paste through the dotty stencil, and finished so prettily with the coloured sequins. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment