Adding Shine with Sparkles

Hi it's Colleen! Welcome to the WOW! blog! Today I'm going to show you two ways to add shine to your cards using WOW! Sparkles!



WOW! Sparkles have been around awhile, and are made with glitter. They work similarly to other glitter products.They won't heat with your heat tool like embossing powder does, but they will stick to double sided adhesvie and they will heat if combined withe WOW! embossing powders. Now, I know what you're thinking, and don't run away screaming at the thought of using glitter (unless you love glitter), watch my You Tube video below for easy, no mess methods to using the sparkles! Here's the link to my video (click on the link and follow the instructions): https://youtu.be/ifk3_y6l-Zk



For my card, I used a new stamp set designed by my lovely friend Amber of Notable Ink. Click on the Notable Ink link to shop her stamps. Getting back to my card, I created leafy layers using Catherine Pooler inks and the combo of embossing powder/sparkles that I made in my video! I went from lightest color to darkest color so that the leaves had a natural, layered look.  The lighter colors look further away, while the darkest colors look closer to the eye. It's a cool technique to use with just a few supplies! 



Once my layers were finished and I inked up the background, I added a strip of double sided adhesive to my card base and added Black Onyx Sparkle directly onto the adhesive. Then I adhered my 5.25x4 sized card panel over it so that a teeny tiny bit of Black Onyx was peeking out from behind. Can you see the shine below? 

In my video above, I show you how easy and clean this is to do! Trust me, you'll change your thinking about glitter once you try these tips! For you glitter lovers, well you are going to REALLY love these Sparkles!



I finished my card with red Nuvo drop to create little berries on the fig leaves and then added my sentiment. I hope you learned a few tips on working with our Sparkles and will pull them out of your stash and play! Thanks for stopping by!








Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif 
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk?aff=11


Comments

  1. Such pretty greenery Colleen and love the sparkly look of some of it and the beautiful red pearls for berries. A gorgeous Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment