WOW Embossing Powders - How to use Stencils


Hi Everyone!  
It is Natasha here and I am super excited to share my first post on the WOW blog as a design team member!  I truly love WOW powders, the colors, the textures, and the wide range of ways to use these powders is so much fun!  The powders truly add so much to our projects! I can't wait to learn more from all of you!   
For my first card I am sharing my tips on how to use embossing powders using our stencils! 


So let's get started!  For today's card I am using the WOW stencil - Lotsahearts!  I adore this stencil and the different sizes of the hearts!  I started by taping the stencil down onto a piece of Neenah 80 pound card stock.  I then used 3 colors of distress oxide inks to create a blend,  I went from darkest to lightest.  I used: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, and Tattered Rose.  I wanted to create an ombre effect.  I used an ink blending brush to apply the ink to my paper.  Once the blending was complete, I set this aside to dry.  I wanted the ink to be dry to ensure the powders would stick well.  



Once the ink blending was dry, it was time to add my embossing powders!  This is truly one of my favorite parts!  I taped down the stencil again over my ink blended hearts and then applied WOW embossing ink over the hearts using an ink blending brush.  I do have a separate stash of brushes just for my embossing ink.  Once I covered the background panel, I added Disco Ball embossing powder.  I then heat set the powder using my WOW embossing tool.  When working with a glittery powder I will first heat from the back, then apply the heat to the front.  I love the WOW tool and when melting powder I will generally use setting 2.  I wanted lots of sparkle and shine, so I followed the same process twice.  

Once the background was complete, I die cut the panel using a mini slim line die.  Next I started to work on the card elements.  I used a mini bloom die set and die cut the flowers in white card stock, the centers in a teal, and a few leaves in black.  I then die cut a hugs word die 3 times, adhered these together for added dimension.  I then gently pressed the hugs word into my embossing ink pad and heat set this using Cummerbund embossing powder.  I embossed the sentiment 3 times.  I then chose a sub sentiment from the WOW - Thank you sentiments stamp set and heat embossed this on black card stock using white powder.  

I then adhered the embossed hearts background to my card base and added the floral images.  Several were glued directly to the card front, a couple were popped up using foam adhesive.  I glued both sentiments and my card was complete!  
I hope you enjoyed this and would love to see how you use your WOW powders using stencils!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I will be back soon with more inspiration using powders!  

Crafty Hugs, 
Natasha 


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/



Comments

  1. A beautiful ombre effect on your stencilled hearts in pretty pinks with some glittery embossing over the top, and the bright blue for the added flower centres and the die cut sentiment.. a bright and beautiful effect Natasha. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment