Heat Embossing on a Chipboard

 Hello crafty friends! I'm so excited to be here in July as a guest designer. I love using WOW! Embossing powders to enhance my projects with color, sparkle and dimension. For my first project I'm featuring a Layered Mountains chipboard that I received from Owl Pine Gifts.

As soon as I received this piece, I knew that I wanted to use WOW! Embossing on the layers. This is what the original piece looked like when I received it.

I started by painting all the layers with a light layer of white gesso to ensure the true colors of the paint and embossing powders would shine through. I used PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylic paints to paint each of the layers before I embossed them.


When all my layers were dry, I painted a light coat of the WOW! Embossing Multi Media tool on the sections I wanted to emboss. I started with the third layer of my chipboard and used Egyptian Turquoise to add a beautiful gold and light blue to it.


Once it was cool, I glued it on to the previous layers and embossed the first part of the mountain with a retried color - Royal Crush. However, I think the new release Fruit Tingle in the Trio Cocktail by Jo Herbet would be an excellent substitute.

I then embossed a portion of the trees with Aquamarine powder to give them a fun sparkly highlight.



For my final layer, I decided the sparkle and gold in Sparkling Sand would tie all my colors together. 


This was such a fun project and I love the way these embossing powders add an extra dimension and sparkle to this layered chipboard.


 Here are the WOW! Embossing products I used for my projects:

WOW! Embossing -  Jo Firth Young Sparkling Sand
WOW! Embossing - Jo Firth Young Sparkling Sand
Shop at:
WOW US | WOW UK
WOW! Embossing - Mixed Media Brush
WOW! Embossing - Mixed Media Brush
Shop at:
WOW US | WOW UK
WOW! Embossing - Tracy Scott Aquamarine
WOW! Embossing - Tracy Scott Aquamarine
Shop at:
WOW US | WOW UK
WOW! Embossing - Trio Ancient Jewels Raquel Burillo Perez
WOW! Embossing - Trio Ancient Jewels Raquel Burillo Perez
Shop at:
WOW US | WOW UK

 

 I hope you enjoyed my chipboard mandala project. If you make a project with this technique, make sure to tag #wowembossingpowder so we can check out your creations!

Till next week,
Ericka


Connect With Us:
 bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png
Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif
Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB


 

Comments

  1. Beautifully coloured and heat embossed Ericka and the colours look great together, and you built this up brilliantly. I partiularly love the look of the gold embossing on the more filigree layers. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment