VIDEO | Mixing Embossing Powders For Vibrant Fall Cards

Hello WOW! fans, Amber here sharing how to mix embossing powders for vibrant fall cards. Join me to create some eye-catching fall leaves just in time for your Thanksgiving cards.



All the details to mix embossing powders and create these vibrant fall leaves Thanksgiving cards are in this short cardmaking video tutorial. Watch here or in HD on YouTube. While you're there we'd love it if you like, subscribe, and share it with your crafty friends!


This month's WOW! Facebook Fan Page Challenge is all about bright embossing powders and celebrations. We'd love to see your makes. Head over to the challenge and submit your project photos today! 

Primary Embossing Powders

The Primary line of embossing powders is one of my favorites. All of the Primary powders are a translucent single color. They melt like a dream and you can layer colors on top of each other or atop colored or ink blended cardstock to create interesting effects.


As you can see I chose bold and bright warm colors for these Thanksgiving fall leaf cards. I should note, I could not find the translucent Lime Rickey (WH28R) in the online shops so I linked the glitter version below. An alternative translucent powder that is available is Primary Chartreuse. 
  • Primary Apple Red
  • Primary Bird of Paradise
  • Lime Rickey (WH28R) 
  • Primary Lemon


Vibrant Fall Leaves

Altenew Grape Leaves Stamp & Die Bundle was perfect for these vibrant mixed embossing powder leaves. Grape Leaves has a mix of solid and outline stamps to choose from.

I stamped all three of the solid leave styles with the WOW! Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Ink Pad and poured on Primary Apple Red, Bird of Paradise, and Lime Rickey embossing powders.



TIP: If you get any lines that are too straight, before melting, knock off some of the embossing powder with a dry paintbrush and reapply embossing powder. 

Heat Embossed Torn Edge Sentiment Strips

My friend Enna Adams @ritzyhag recently posted some cards on Instagram with embossed torn cardstock and pattern paper. I loved the look so I incorporated that into these sentiment strips.

This is such a simple yet effective technique. Simply tear your cardstock strips to the necessary size and take the WOW! Embossing Pad directly to the paper. Be sure to ink up the edges and a bit of the torn surface of the cardstock. Sprinkle on your embossing powder, I used Gold Pearl here, and heat set. 




For this card, I used CZ Design Thanks Wafer Die. I cut the main sentiment from black cardstock and the shadow from Royal Sundance Sunflower cardstock. The shadow die-cut is also embossed with Gold Pearl embossing powder.

That's all it takes guys. I popped up some of the elements with foam squares and added some Ebony Nuvo Crystal Drops to embellish.

Do let me know what you think in the comments below or on the video. I hope you enjoyed these cards and I'll see you soon with more inspiration. Next time I'm using cool bright colors!

WOW! Products





Additional Supplies



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments