Glitter and Glitz Slimline Card with Jenny Colacicco

 Hi Everyone!

It's Jenny here and today I have a glitzy card for you today that features two of my favorite sparkly products from WOW!   Annnd, because slimline cards are all the rage right now, I couldn't resist going tall!


To create my card, I grabbed a full sheet of 110lb cardstock, and a slimline stencil - I'm using the Leafy Squares stencil by Pinkfresh Studio.  I then created my own custom embossing glitter paste by mixing a generous amount of Your Carriage Awaits Sparkles glitter (my favorite Sparkles) with translucent embossing paste, then smoothing it over the stencil.  I removed it then set it aside to dry.  The embossing paste takes a little time to dry and goes clear as it does, trapping the gorgeous glitter flakes inside.


While the paste dried, I heat embossed the beautiful floral swag from Pinkfresh Studio's Floral Notes.   I used Sparkling Sand from the Dockside Trio which is a perfect match for the glitter, and pale gold rather than brassy or shiny gold.   I also used the coordinating Floral Notes stencil to very lightly ink blend on the ink over the top (I used PFS Mermaid Cove, Ballet Slipper and Regal Kiss (don't be tricked by the photo - I accidentally grabbed wrong pad for the photo shoot!).


I die cut out the floral and popped it up onto foam tape onto the now dried embossing glitter paste.  My sentiment is from the same set,  stamped in black ink, trimmed out and mounted on a double layer of tape, slightly offset.  I then mounted the entire project onto a white notecard.

Adding Sparkles to translucent embossing paste is one of my favorite techniques, and it works so well with the slimline cardstyle don't you think?!

Jenny

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/


Comments

  1. Beautiful flowers and love the leafy stencilled background, and a great idea to mix the sparkles with the embossing paste for a lovely glittery background. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment