VIDEO: Pearl Embossing Friendship Cards with Erica

Hi guys!

It's Erica back on the WOW! Embossing blog and YouTube channel today. I've got two cards to show you, using Pearl Embossing powder two ways.


I've used White Pearl and Violet Pearl embossing powders, both on the backgrounds and on one of the sentiments. What's extra magical about these powders is that some of them look white, until you heat them! It's so cool to see the process. If you want to have a look at the video, you can find it HERE.


Each background card stock is Sugarplum purple from Lawn Fawn, and the stamp is Flower Garden from Hero Arts. Instead of using a MISTI, I placed the stamp on my desk and dabbed the Embossing Pad on it. Before placing the card stock on the stamp, I used an anti static tool on the panels.


I love that the embossing powder look different on the same colour card stock. To make the backgrounds more dramatic I ink blended some Wilted Violet and Black Soot around the edges, with Life Changing Blender Brushes. When I ink blend I use this little tool I made. It's a strip of clear acetate with PostIt Tape, so I don't loose it. Super simple but it saves your finger tips getting inky and your projects from finger prints.The sentiments I have used is a fave of mine from Hero Arts: Thinking Of you. I have only used the word die, however I cut it out four times out of black card stock and once out of white, and then layered them up. This is one of my favourite ways of using word dies. The black pieces help make the word stand out, and the white one on top is great for adding colours, glitter powder or clear gloss embossing powder.


On these I have added some more Wilted Violet ink towards the bottom, on both, and on one I also added a little bit of Black Soot. On top I then dabbed the Embossing pad. First I used Neptune glitter powder, but didn't like how it turned out so I covered it with Pearl Gold Sparkle.


On the ombre sentiment I covered the entire thing with the Embossing Pad and then Pearl Violet embossing powder. Once this was set with the Heat Tool, it looked FABULOUS!! I was so happy with this one.


After adhering the backgrounds to white card bases, the only thing left to do was to glue down the word die and the cards were done!


Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you get a chance to catch the YouTube video too. Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. I love the purple coloured card and the pretty pearl embossing powders are beautiful and the extra added purple and black around the edge of the card and a great ombre look on one of the sentiments too. Two amazing cards Erica. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment