Pearl Butterflies with Gemma

Today I have another card to share inspired by the WOW Facebook Group challenge. This month, the theme is Pearl and I've used the pearl powders on dark card to show how beautiful they transform.


I die cut three Pretty Pink Posh Bold Butterflies from black pearlescent card stock. I added WOW embossing ink to the wings of the first butterfly, then covered the top half with Blue Pearl embossing powder and the lower half with Violet Pearl embossing powder. These powders look white when first added, but once they are heated, the change to beautiful pearlescent coloured powders.


I repeated these steps for the next two butterflies, adding in some White Pearl embossing powder too. This beautiful powder looks more silvery on dark card.

On my card base, I adhered some navy pearlescent card to one half of the card base. I then adhered the butterflies in the centre, only adding adhesive to their bodies so their wings could lift up.


For the sentiment, I cut a strip of the black pearlescent card and heat embossed a birthday sentiment with WOW Opaque White Super Fine embossing powder. I added the sentiment strip to the card with foam tape to finish.

Have a lovely day,

Gemma






Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB



Comments

  1. What a fabulous demonstration of how wonderful these pearl powders look on black card Gemma and the finished multi coloured butterflies look great on the blue and white background. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment